- Once persecuted for their faith, Bhutanese Christians are now enjoying some new freedoms to worship in their homes and even rent halls for events
- Over 120,000 Bhutanese citizens with Nepali-blood were exiled to Nepal from 1985-1990 as part of an “ethnic cleansing” mandate from the king. Many were jailed, tortured, and killed.
- Many Indian believers and ministries have been instrumental in reaching the Bhutanese people for Christ as the freely cross the border into India.
- ITWM conducted and Igniter Training Conference in Jaigaon, India (border city with Bhutan) in 2013 with 20 Bhutanese pastors in attendance.
- ITWM was able to supply Bhutanese pastors with solar audio bibles and call phone, “Gospel Chips” in both the native Bhutanese and Nepali languages.