- Home to nearly 1.3 billion people
- Main religion is Hinduism, but Muslim and Christian religions are growing rapidly
- Persecution still exists for Christians in areas of extreme Hinduism.
- British Missionary, William Carey (1761-1824), brought much good to India by establishing many universities, hospital, challenging social wrongs, and planting churches (now nearly 500,000) throughout India.
- ITWM missionary outposts of evangelism are now in NE India near the Bhutan border, and SE India in the city of Calcutta(Kolkata)
- ITWM’s solar audio Bibles and cell phone “Gospel Chips” are now being circulated in the Hindi and Bengali lauguages.
Our Igniter Team Leaders in India
- Pastors the Himalayan Bible Church in Jaigaon, India (at the Bhutan border).
- Oversees a Christian Daycare and School for nearly 100 poor children.
- Conducts regular outreaches to India’s poor who work in the Tea Gardens.
- Coordinates regular trainings to pastors in Bhutan.
- Coordinated ITWM’s Igniter Training Conference for over 60 pastors, missionaries, and evangelists in Jaigaon, India in 2013.